Monday 14 April 2014

In my opinion I feel that presentations should be introduced to ES1102. Having about two weeks of preparation and executing it, I really feel that I learnt a lot. I feel that presentation is an integral part of university and almost every course requires student to present their work or research. I believe that students should be as effective in conducting a presentation as they are in writing a report or assignment.  Furthermore, with this added component, I was able to get a clearer idea of the essay that I have written. It was a good way for me to go through the essence of my essay and share my findings in front of my classmates. If presentations are included in this course, I believe that it will be very helpful for students. They will get a better idea of how to give a more effective and powerful presentation. In addition, I feel that this component is very precious as I received immediate feedback about my presentation. This gave me a better idea of my performance and things that I need to work on. It is also very compatible with the essay component, as I get to learn more about the topics which my classmates wrote about. It was also a good opportunity for me to build my confidence and fine-tune my presentation skills. It was a valuable experience which I hold close to my heart and I believe that it should be incorporated into the course.


1 comment:

  1. Thank you very much, Sili, for this very fine reflection on the value of presenting in ES1102.

    ReplyDelete